The Peer Mentor will assist P2R program staff with weekly meetings and attendance. The program includes a Rites of Passage event, 12 Green Life Healing circles that incorporate character development, healing and resiliency practices, and social analysis and media arts production with industry professionals, a 72 hour permaculture design certification, 6-10 workforce and entrepreneurial workshops and a graduation.
Additionally, the peer mentor will work closely with the program’s Case Manager, actively engaging with participants, helping to ensure full participation and attendance.
- The Peer Mentor duties will include the following:
- Give feedback on program material and outreach activities
- Relationship building including telephone calls and field and site visits
- One on one meetings with a case manager and at times co-director to support program
- Assist with Participant orientation and retention
- Assist with coordinating the attendance and logistical preparation for program meetings and trainings
- Assist with coordinating the attendance of weekly trainings
- Conduct 1-on-1 or small group check-ins with participants in coordination with the Case Manager (as needed / ongoing)
- Conduct preliminary check-ins
- Conduct two-way evaluations with participants and help them set goals
- Report results of weekly contact to Case Manager
- Make a subsequent referral to appropriate agencies if necessary
- Participate in general activities of the P2R program (between weekly sessions / as needed / ongoing)
- Attend staff development and training sessions
- Participate in larger strategy sessions for people in re-entry
- Represent Pathways to Resilience at community events, meetings, etc.
- Participate in program planning and evaluation
- Perform other duties as identified by Program Directors (as needed / ongoing)
- Show up to work on time, and if unable to make it to work due to illness or emergency, will contact Component Director and provide as much notice as possible.